Office of the Registrar
The mission of the Registrar’s Office is to ensure the accuracy, integrity, and security of student academic records; and, to provide the highest quality of information and services to students, faculty, and staff.
Click here for our contact information.
Office of the Registrar’s Philosophy:
- The Office of the Registrar provides a wide range of services to the college community. It coordinates activities including, but not limited to, efficient course registration, maintenance and protection of academic records, and certification of students for continued enrollment and graduation.
- The Office of the Registrar maintains, interprets, and monitors academic policy and communicates procedures to faculty, students, and the College’s various constituencies.
- The office certifies student enrollment and academic eligibility to various governmental, public, private, and academic agencies.
- The Office of the Registrar’s guiding principle is to respond to legitimate requests for information or services as quickly and accurately as possible, professionally and courteously.
Office of the Registrar’s Operation and Services: (please that note some services are online only)
- Change of Address – students can download the form to change their address
- Change of Name/Change of Gender. See the attached Change of Name/Gender memo.
- Expansion of New York State Gender Recognition Act 9/15/2022
- Glossary 2/22/2022
- Change of Major/Minor – Online process through assistance from your assigned advisor.
- CUNY e-Permits – The online permit process allows students to make arrangements to take courses at OTHER CUNY COLLEGES without having to directly contact both the home and host colleges for approval. This process intends to provide a convenient means of obtaining permission to register for courses offered at other CUNY colleges.
- DegreeWorks – Assistance with DegreeWorks access and issues.
- Directory Information Non-Disclosure Form – Students can use the form to block directory information from being released on their behalf.
- Duplicate Diploma Request Form – Students can use the form to order a duplicate for a lost or stolen diploma.
- Enrollment Verification – CUNY – Medgar Evers College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide degree and enrollment verification. National Student Clearinghouse may be contacted at: studentclearinghouse.org
- Graduation Filing/Degree Conferral – Online process through assistance from your assigned advisor.
- Independent Study Form – An independent study (IND) course is an organized program of individualized study supervised by a faculty sponsor where a student participates in self-regulated learning. Students can utilize the form to register for an independent study course.
- Registration Assistance – Assistance with Schedule Builder and processing error messages after consultation with your assigned advisor.