Student Government Association
All students of Medgar Evers College are members of the Student Government Association (SGA). The executive body of the SGA (president, day vice president, evening vice president, corresponding secretary, recording secretary, and treasurer) and elected class representatives constitute the Student Council. The SGA is concerned with many student activities including club budgets, the formation of new clubs, and the sponsoring of extra-curricular programs of intellectual, cultural, and social value for the entire student body. The SGA also participates in the College’s decision-making processes that affect the general student body.
Additionally, by participating in various college-wide and departmental committees, students have the opportunity to share in the full range of responsibilities present in the planning and governance of the academic and non-academic aspects of student life at Medgar Evers College. The following is the membership for the 2022-2023 Student Council:
Day Vice President
Evening Vice President
Senior Class President
Senior Class Representatives
Senior Class Representatives
Junior Class President
Junior Class Representative
Sophomore Class President
Sophomore Class Representative
Freshman Class Representative
Are you interested in joining the newly elected officers of the Student Government Association to take the SGA to the next level?
Vacancies will be filled in July 2022!
There are currently fifteen (15) vacant positions within the 2022-2023 Student Government Association:
Recording Secretary (1)
Senior Class Representative (3)
Junior Class President (1)
Junior Class Representative (3)
Sophomore Class President (1)
Sophomore Class Representative (3)
Freshman Class President (1)
Freshman Class Representative (2)
There are also six (6) vacant Faculty-Student Disciplinary Committee (FSDC) student positions available.
The following guidelines apply to a student that is holding office, whether by election, appointment, or ex-officio status in the Student Government Association or FSDC. In the guidelines, credit hours refer to actual credits, and not equivalent or contact hours. Position holders for a leadership position must be enrolled in a degree or credit-bearing certificate program at Medgar Evers College and meet the following criteria:
- A student must be enrolled or planning to be enrolled for the Fall 2022 semester to be certified for the appointed position.
- Full-time students must plan to carry a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Part-time students must plan to carry a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- To serve each semester, a student must have completed and earned a passing grade for at least 50% of the credits for which they were registered in the prior semester, but in no event less than 3 credits.
- Executive Officers (i.e., SGA Secretary) must have at least a 2.7 cumulative GPA. A cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 is required for all Council Positions (i.e., Class Representative, FSDC member).
- Those seeking or holding office must not have any pending disciplinary action.
In addition, interested students should complete an application and submit a letter of intent outlining their leadership experience. A desire to serve the student body and willingness to be a change agent are also welcome.
Applications are now available; Interviews and appointments will begin in July 2022. To apply click on the following link: https://forms.gle/ToG8bT3EUGigqGNY6
For more information, students should contact the Office of Student Life & Development: email@example.com.
Positions are open until filled.
Lead! Advocate! Create Change!