Human Resources » Employment


Current MEC Job Opportunities

To be considered for a job posting, you must apply to the designated college representative in the manner indicated on the job posting before the closing date.

CUNY-Wide Job Opportunities and How to Apply


What is Medgar Evers College/CUNY Federal Identification Number (FIN) or Employer Identification Number (EIN)?

The FIN or EIN number is 13-3893536

How do I change my personal information in the Human Resources and Payroll Databases

To change personal information please submit any changes on CUNYFirst Self-Service. If you are participating in the Transit and Parking Program, submit their Change of Personal Information form to the Office of Human Resources. Contact your union/welfare fund and pensions plan directly.

Why is there a discrepancy between my gross annual earnings and my annual base salary?

For full time employees computation of the biweekly wage is made by dividing the annual salary by the number of calendar days in the year and multiplying this result by fourteen (the number of calendar days in a pay period). For further information please review this linkThe employee should be taken to attachment 5.

What happens if I lost my paycheck?

In the event you lost your paycheck, please send an email to This process takes four to six weeks and will be mailed to the address on file.

How long does it take to make a change to my direct deposit information?

Direct Deposit changes will take effect 2-3 pay periods after a new Direct Deposit form with all fields properly completed has been submitted to the Compensation Unit.

When closing my direct deposit bank account who should I contact first, my bank or the Office of Human Resources?

We advise employees to close their direct deposit account with the Office of Human Resources first to avoid the check being kicked back to the State.