Claim Your CUNYfirst Account (if you have not done so)
CUNYfirst stands for Fully Integrated Resources and Services Tool
Go to: https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu and follow the simple steps.
Refer to the Step-by-Step How to Claim My CUNYfirst Account for instructions. You can claim your account from home or from any location using Internet access.
Issues? If you experience technical difficulties claiming (activating) your CUNYfirst account, contact the Student Helpdesk at (718) 270-6262.
Login to View your Account
- Go to: https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu
- Learn how to view your Grades
- Learn how to view your Course History
- Learn how to view your Unofficial Transcript
You can also view:
See your Financial and Academic Advisors
FINANCIAL AID: Students should seek guidance from a financial aid Advisor. Email: email@example.com. Detailed financial aid information can be viewed at: https://www.mec.cuny.edu/admissions/financial-aid/
ACADEMIC ADVISEMENT CENTER: Students should seek guidance from their respective academic advisors or their major/program advisors for registration guidance. We recommend you be advised before you register. Visit one of the following email locations:
Direct Other Registration Concerns to:
Register for classes using CUNYfirst
- Log into https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu
- Click on SELF SERVICE ->STUDENT CENTER
- Under Academics click on Enroll
- From this page you will be able to register for classes.
Register for classes using Schedule Builder
Schedule Builder is an application tool that enables students to plan and register for courses that meet
their schedules and other needs.
- Copy and paste the following link into your browser: home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu
- Log into CUNYfirst using your credentials and proceed Student Center.
- From your Student Center, click the “Launch Schedule Builder” link under the Academics Tab, to access the application.
- Once the application opens, Schedule Builder’s Welcome page should appear.
- Select the term in which you would like to search for classes directly on the Welcome page.
- Next, select your CUNY College and choose your preferred instruction mode for your classes. Once finished, you can begin to search for classes.
- In the Select Course field, choose all the classes you would like to add to your schedule. Use this field to search for specific classes by subject name or course number.
- Select “Advanced Search” for more search options. Options are available for you to specify and combine additional requirements to refine your search results.
- To import courses still needed to fulfill degree requirements, select “Degree Plan” (if your college has Student Educational Planner) or “Degree Audit”.
- Students can view a summary of their degree audit or may select the “Still Needed” tab to view courses needed to fulfill degree requirements. From here, students are able to select classes that will automatically add to their shopping cart.
- Schedule Builder will generate schedules for the desired course(s) that have been selected. To add or remove a course from your list, check or uncheck the box, on the left, in front of the course name. Your generated results will show all possible schedules for the classes you have selected.
- Review the generated results. Browse the results by clicking the right and left arrows on the screen or by using the arrows on your keyboard. If there is a class section you prefer, pin it to ensure class section and specific meeting time is always returned in the generated results.
- Open Class Details to see class information, such as class time, class location, and number of
available seats in a class.
- Visual directions can be found:
Claim Your CUNYfirst Account
- Go to: https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu and follow the simple steps
- Refer to the Step-by-Step How to Claim My CUNYfirst Account for instructions
- You can claim your account from home or you can visit the following locations to claim your account.
- Office of the Registrar
- Computer Lab B-2012
Tip: Don't delay. Make sure you have access to our new Registration System.
Issues? If you experience technical difficulties claiming (activating) your CUNYfirst account, contact the Student Helpdesk at (718) 270-5132.
Student Registration Checklist