Who should file the application?
Applicants who have registered for courses at Medgar Evers College in a previous semesters and have not been in attendance for one or more semesters thereafter need to file for re-admission in order to register for classes in a forth coming semester.
What are the requirements for readmission?
- Applicants must be in good academic standing by maintaining at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA or above while in attendance at Medgar Evers College.
- Applicants must have no outstanding holds on their academic records.
- Applicants with a cumulative GPA less than 2.0 must file for a petition for reinstatement
How to apply?
- Complete and submit the readmission application
- Pay the $20 readmit application fee to the Bursar.
- Submit readmit application, and payment receipt to the Admissions Office, located at 1637 Bedford Avenue, room S-120.
- Submit official college transcript of non-CUNY school attended since your last attendance at Medgar Evers College.
Students who were not in attendance for two (2) or more semesters may need to show proof of New York State residency. Complete the New York state residency, include supporting documents and submit it to Admissions.
Please view visitor policy before accessing in-person services.
Who should file a petition for reinstatement?
Students with a cumulative GPA below 2.0 and who are seeking re-admission must first submit a petition for reinstatement. Students whose petition for reinstatement have been approved can submit an application for readmission. For more information on the reinstatement process, email the Academic Appeals Committee at ARAC@mec.cuny.edu
Petition for reinstatement deadlines
- For FALL/SUMMER semester return consideration: Filing period: January 15 – March 15
- For FALL semester return consideration: Late filing period – May 15 – June 15
- For SPRING semester return consideration: Filing period: September 1 – November 15