Who should file the application?
Applicants who have registered for courses at Medgar Evers College in a previous semesters and have not been in attendance for one or more semesters thereafter need to file for re-admission in order to register for classes in a forth coming semester.
What are the requirements for re-admission?
- Applicant must have no outstanding holds on their academic records.
- Applicant must be in good academic standing by maintaining at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA or above while in attendance at Medgar Evers College or any other CUNY institution(s).
- Applicants with a cumulative GPA less than 2.0 must file for a petition for reinstatement
What are the procedures for filing for re-admission?
- Complete and submit the Re-Admission application and submit by email to email@example.com the subject should be Readmit Application
- Submit official college transcript of non-CUNY school attended since your last attendance at Medgar Evers College. Email official transcripts with readmit application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay $20 non-refundable application processing fee.
- Students who were not in attendance for two (2) or more semesters must show proof of New York State residency. Complete and email New York state residency form with supporting documents to email@example.com
Who should file a petition for reinstatement?
Students with a cumulative GPA below 2.0 and who are seeking re-admission must first submit a petition for reinstatement. Students whose petition for reinstatement have been approved can submit an application for readmission. For more information on the reinstatement process, email the Academic Appeals Committee at ARAC@mec.cuny.edu
Petition for reinstatement deadlines
Fall Semester: March 15
Spring Semester: November 1