The International Student Office assists students in obtaining and maintaining F-1 International Student Status in accordance to the rules and regulations of the Student Exchange and visitor Program (SEVP) for the purpose of studying at Medgar Evers College on a short term (usually two or four years) basis.
About Our Services
Welcome to Medgar Evers College International Student Services. At a time when the number international students, on campus are increasing more than before and the University is about to experience the entrance of the Global Generation, we recognize Medgar Evers College relevance and potential contribution to the University’s shared work in developing tomorrow’s global graduates. Acknowledging Medgar Evers College’s past and ongoing local and national leadership in international education and global community engagement.
Our Goals consist of:
- Serving the International Student Population
- Facilitating Intercultural and International Education
- Fostering a Global Campus Community
- Inclusive excellence
The International Student Services offers a variety of services to assist international students at Medgar Evers College. Our International Student Advisor serves as a key resource to the Medgar Evers College community in the following ways:
- Advises international students, scholars, their dependents, and University departments on compliance with S.immigration laws and regulations related to F -1 visa categories.
- Verifies, tracks, and submits visa status notifications through the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), as required by the S.Department of Homeland Security
- Advises on adjustment to S.society and American culture, academic concerns and community resources
- Processes DS-2019s, I-20s, travel signatures, and letters needed for travel, employment, maintaining status, social security numbers, and other immigration related matters.
- Conducts workshops and orientation sessions for international students.
Location and Hours of Operation
International Student Services
Office of Admissions
1637 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11225
Hours of Operation
The Office of Admissions is open Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. the office is closed during official holidays as identified on the College’s Academic Calendar.
*Late hours are available by appointment only
*Check our homepage and CUNY Alert for special closing announcements
Office of Admissions (718) 270-6024
International Student Advisor – Joylyn Phillip-Ndiaye (718) 270-4893
Fax: (718) 270-6411