If you are interested in taking a few credit bearing college level courses at Medgar Evers College but not pursue a degree, you may apply as a non-degree student.
Who is eligible?
- Visiting students from other colleges
- Students who have already earned a degree
Non-degree applicant requirements:
- Submit a copy of college transcript
- Submit proof of high school graduation or a TASC (GED) diploma.
- Complete the non-degree application and submit by email along with transcript to email@example.com the subject should be “Non-degree Application”
- Pay a $65 non-refundable application fee.
Accepted non-degree applicants must:
- Satisfy immunization requirement and submit immunization form to the Office of Health Services unless exempted.
- A Visiting Student Can receive Financial Aid at Medgar Evers College (MEC), If he/she enroll in coursework at MEC (host School) and is a degree seeking student at another institution while obtaining financial aid from their home institution. The student must request the Consortium Agreement and obtain permission from their home institution.
- Consortium Agreement allows you to use some of your federal student aid (Pell Grant, Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans, Direct PLUS loans), and TAP (if you are a NY resident attending a NY State School full-time) at another approved school or program. Federal regulations allow only one institution, the “home institution”, to award federal financial aid.