If you are interested in taking a few credit bearing college level courses at Medgar Evers College but not pursue a degree, you may apply as a non-degree student. Non-degree students are limited to a maximum of 15 credits.
Who is eligible?
- Visiting students from other colleges
- Students who have already earned a degree
How to apply?
- Complete the non-degree application
- Pay the non-refundable $65 application fee to the Bursar
- Submit the non-degree application, payment receipt, and unofficial college transcript to Admissions.
- A Visiting Student Can receive Financial Aid at Medgar Evers College (MEC), If he/she enroll in coursework at MEC (host School) and is a degree seeking student at another institution while obtaining financial aid from their home institution. The student must request the Consortium Agreement and obtain permission from their home institution.
- Consortium Agreement allows you to use some of your federal student aid (Pell Grant, Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans, Direct PLUS loans), and TAP (if you are a NY resident attending a NY State School full-time) at another approved school or program. Federal regulations allow only one institution, the “home institution”, to award federal financial aid.
Please view visitor policy before accessing in-person services.