- Oversee implementation of the MEC Assessment Plan, including monitoring the annual administration of assessment methods, tools, processes, and activities.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in the implementation of the MEC Assessment Plan.
- Support enhanced assessment efforts, provide recommendations to the Office of Academic Affairs (OAA) and the Office of Assessment and Quality Assurance (OAQA) for professional development, including professional development related to the identification of assessment models and tools for use by academic departments and operational units.
- Develop strategies to engage the broader community in MEC assessment efforts, particularly in the use of assessment results to improve student outcomes, program outcomes, and institutional effectiveness.
- Examine and recommend strategies to ensure the alignment of department/unit action plans with MEC’s Institutional Strategic Plan.
- Evaluate MEC’s assessment methods, tools, processes, and activities annually.
- Based on assessment results, make recommendations to the President and Executive Cabinet about priorities to improve student learning and institutional effectiveness.
- Review assessment documentation to ensure compliance with MSCHE CUNY, and PMP goals for institutional effectiveness and assessment of AES, program level, and student learning outcomes.
- Evaluate the College’s effectiveness in supporting academic quality and accomplishment of mission.