If you or fellow enrolled MEC student peers are having issues with housing, food or other situations, there is no need to be alone. Call or visit the Transition Academy. Help is available!
The Transition Academy has been established at Medgar Evers College to support students in need.
We can provide assistance and help students navigate through the complex process of the homeless system and work on streamlining finding adequate housing.
Our Services Include:
- Navigating the shelter system
- Referrals to agencies that help with housing and eviction prevention
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) Applications
- Food Vouchers
- Food Pantry
- Referrals for services and other services
- Job Placement
- Transportation to school
- Counseling referrals
- Advocacy and Referrals for students dealing with Domestic Violence
- Job placement
- Available clothing items and personal hygiene toiletries
Call 718-270-6988 or send an email to email@example.com today!
Cougar Country Food Pantry
The Medgar Evers College Cougar Country Food Pantry offers nutritionally balanced, nonperishable food items to students who are enrolled at the College, and experiencing or facing the need for food.
For more information about how to obtain a pantry pack, please the Transition Academy, 1150 Carroll Street (Room C-307), Brooklyn, New York 11225
Call or stop by. You don't have to deal with things alone!
The Fresh Vibes Market will be on campus 5/13, 6/10 and 6/24 between 10 a.m.- 2 p.m.