Presidential Transition Planning
Preparation for the sixth president of Medgar Evers College, Dr. Patricia Ramsey, is underway. During this time of transition, the goal is to provide unique support to MEC and Dr. Ramsey. To do this, three distinctive groups are being created. They are:
A Medgar Evers College External Advisory Committee – This committee is being formed and the charge is being finalized. Members of this committee will represent external Brooklyn stakeholders. The committee will help shape the College’s strategic vision, identify, and represent community needs, foster community partnerships and cement MEC’s role as an anchor institution.
The Presidential Transition Team – Around the time the new President starts, a Presidential Transition Team (PTT) will be formed. The PTT will have diverse representation including faculty, staff, students, and administrators. The PTT will remain operational for the duration of the 21-22 academic year.
The Medgar Evers College/CUNY Transition Working Group –This is group, composed of individuals from CUNY Central, is operationally focused and has begun its work through interviews with members of the college community. This group will identify issues that need to be dealt with this semester and assess MEC’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. This work should lay the groundwork for the new president.
The Working Group is convened by CUNY Senior Vice Chancellor Glenda Grace. Members of this group are:
- Glenda G. Grace, Senior Vice Chancellor of Institutional Affairs, Strategic Advancement and Special Counsel
- Denise Maybank, Interim Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
- Andrea Shapiro Davis, Interim Vice Chancellor for University Advancement
- Christina Chiappa, Deputy Chief Financial Officer
- Rachel Stephenson, Chief of Staff to the Executive Vice Chancellor and University Provost and Assistant Vice Chancellor for Academic Strategy & Operations
- Gordon Taylor, Interim Deputy General Counsel for the Office of General Counsel
- Sarah Truelsch, Director of Policy Research
- Cliff Resnick, Director of Space Planning
- James Haggard, Deputy Chief Information Officer
- Dolly Martinez, Chancellor’s Chief of Staff and Associate Vice Chancellor for the Executive Office