There are two kinds of transcripts: student copies and official copies.
- Student transcripts– These are unofficial copies that the student can request for his or her own records.
- Official transcripts–These are sent directly to other colleges and employers. No official transcripts can be sent to a student’s home address. Only a student copy of the transcript can be sent.
You may obtain an official copy of your academic transcript with the college’s seal and signature of the Registrar in the three following ways:
- To utilize this service, students will need to have their social security number, telephone number, a valid major credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express or Discover) and the name and address of the party they are sending the transcript to.
- Both official and student copies may be ordered online for your convenience. Medgar Evers College has retained Transcript Plus. to accept transcript orders over the Internet. Students ordering over the Internet can receive official and unofficial (student copy) transcripts within 5 to 7 working days. The regular transcript fee charged by CUNY is $7.00 per transcript. There is an additional fee of $2.00 for use of this service.
Get started here:
You may come to the Registrar’s Office (Room S-107) and fill out a transcript request form to have an official transcript sent to other colleges and employers.
There is a $7.00 fee for transcripts sent to agencies/institutions that are outside CUNY. However, there is no fee for transcripts sent to the University Processing Center (UAPC) or to another CUNY College.*
Please allow 5 to 7 working days in order for us to process your transcript request.
Please download and complete a transcript request form Transcript Request Form and mail it to:
Registrar’s Office, Room S-107
Medgar Evers College/CUNY
1637 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11225
Be sure to include:
- Your full name. (If you have attended MEC under a different name, please include both.)
- Student ID Number
- Present mailing address
- Exact name, address and office number where you want the transcript sent.
- A $7.00 money order should be included for each request sent outside of the CUNY or UAPC systems.
- Please make money orders payable to: Medgar Evers College
What if I need a student copy of my transcript right away?
Pick up a transcript request form from the Registrar’s office. Go to the Bursar’s Office (Room S-308), pay the $7.00 fee. Return the paid receipt and request form to the Registrar’s Office and a student copy will be given to you on the spot. Please note that the Bursar’s Office only accepts cash for this transaction.
Under what circumstances will my transcript be held?
The College reserves the right to withhold all information on the record of any student who has not fulfilled financial and other responsibilities to the College, including payment of student loans.
What are the other CUNY or CUNY related institutions?
- Bernard M. Baruch College
- Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Bronx Community College
- Brooklyn College, City College
- CUNY Law School at Queens College
- CUNY Medical School
- Eugenio Maria De Hostos Community College
- Graduate School and University Center
- Herbert H. Lehman College
- Hunter College
- Hunter College School of Social Work
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- Kingsborough Community College
- Medgar Evers College
- New York City College of Technology
- Queens College
- Queensborough Community College
- The College of Staten Island
- York College