MEDGAR EVERS COLLEGE VIRTUAL COMMENCEMENT
CLASSES OF 2020 AND 2021
Date: Thursday, June 3, 2021
Time: 11:00 a.m.
Medgar Evers College is pleased to announce that our commencement ceremony honoring the graduating classes of 2020 and 2021 will be presented online at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, June 3, 2021.
The virtual celebration will be produced by Shared_Studios. Anyone can view the event by using this link mec.sharedstudios.events, or by visiting the College’s website at mec.cuny.edu. To ensure that you can participate in the virtual celebration, you must register for the event. Registration will be open between April 23 and May 19. Registration will close at 11:59 p.m. on May 19. There will be no exceptions or extensions.
Registering will give you the opportunity to personalize your virtual experience. Students from the Class of 2021 can add their names, majors, degrees, and academic schools. In addition, you can submit photos and personal quotes to be included in the personal portrait gallery. Please note:
· You must register with the name that will appear on your official record.
· You will need to create a password to complete your registration.
· A dropdown menu will allow you to select your graduating class (2020 or 2021) and your academic school (School of Business, School of Education, School of Liberal Arts, School of Science) or CUNY BA/BS.
· You will be able to upload a picture. Your official commencement photo is preferred, otherwise, a professional photo may be used. If you choose not to submit a photo, the College logo will be used instead.
You will have the option to include additional information about yourself, such as:
· College awards received;
· Career Goals (graduate school, new job, etc.);
· Personal message (e.g., thank you message to family, friends, or professors). All personal messages will be reviewed for appropriateness.
Class of 2021 graduating students will have their names, photos, degrees, and degree honors displayed during the virtual ceremony and listed in the digital program. Class of 2020 graduating students will be included in the digital program. All students who register will be a part of the personal portrait gallery, which will be available to view during the ceremony.
All faculty, staff, and students who have registered for the virtual ceremony will be able to participate in the live chat during the event and view the student portrait gallery.
Don’t forget to share your excitement by using the hashtag #MedgarMade on your social media posts!
For questions about the virtual commencement, please email the registration team at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical questions, please email Shared_Studios at email@example.com.
To All Graduating Students:
Please register by using this link mec.sharedstudios.events for your virtual commencement by May 19. Before visiting the Medgar Evers College Virtual Commencement website to set up your profile, please be sure to have the following items:
1. Complete the registration form and submit. You will immediately receive a verification message.
2. Check your inbox and click on the link to verify your email address.
3. Complete registration by uploading your photo in hat and gown (JPG or PNG format) or a formal photo of yourself.
4. Add a 160-character personal message about yourself.
Once your profile has been set up, your email and chosen password will give access to make edits to your profile at any time before the deadline of May 19, 2021. On the day of commencement, your profile will have real-time interactive features.
And don't forget to share your excitement by adding the hashtag #MedgarMade to your social media posts!