College Now Course Offerings
The following courses are offered through the College Now program:
Academic Year (Fall and Spring)
- Pre-College Courses (0 credit; H.S. Credit)
These courses will focus on building reading, writing and math skills. They will be offered starting in the Fall 2011 semester. High school credit by arrangement.
Introductory level credit courses (3 and 4 credits)
- Basic Biology
- Basic Chemistry
- Basic Physics
- Environmental Health Issues
- Introduction to Criminal Law
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology
- Introduction to World Art History
- African American History and Culture
- English Composition I
- Fundamentals of Speech
- Freshman Seminar (2 credits)
Environmental Science Program
Through this program, students have the opportunity to study environmental health issues in their communities. They are able to visit and learn at various sites in Brooklyn and beyond. Students also conduct and present supervised laboratory and field research as well as attend and participate in panel discussions by science experts.
- Earn valuable experience, college credit, and by arrangement may earn high school credit as well.
- The program is open to rising 11th and 12th graders at all NYC DOE high schools.