Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence
- Support and encourage faculty scholarship and engagement in research and creative work that advances knowledge and enriches the learning experience of students;
- Provide professional development that will serve to enhance student co-curricular and extracurricular activities in the life of the College so as toÂ enrich student experiences, advance student engagement and promote student success;
- Enhance and strengthen an environment of community, collegiality and sharing so as to recruit, develop and retain highly qualified and knowledgeable faculty;
- Strengthen interdisciplinary relationships between Centers and academic units to supplement and augment the integration of research, outreach, and/or community education activities of academic and administrative departments;
- Support faculty holistically, focusing on the body, mind spirit connection that encourages full human development and growth and;
- Support faculty in learning and implementing virtualization technologies to their teaching repertoire that will extend cutting edge computing to students anywhere, anytime.
The CTLE serves as a conduit to various MEC institutional centers and units including:
- Sponsored Programs
- Research and Grants
- Faculty Computing (CUNYfirst, Blackboard & ePortfolio)
- Study Abroad (Faculty/Student exchanges & Distance Learning initiatives)
- Student Life; Service Learning; and others
The MEC Center for Teaching and Learning strives to enhance the spirit of collegiality, professionalism and collaboration that is the heart of our institution. It empowers all MEC faculty to provide an exceptional educational experience to all students.