CTLE Virtual Help Desk For Blackboard
Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence
Welcome to the Medgar Evers College (MEC) Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence (CTLE). The CTLE is a multi-functional center designed to develop and expand quality professional development for MEC faculty. The Center is an information and support “hub” for all faculty development needs and interests all in one central location. The goals of the MEC Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence are to:
- Support and encourage faculty scholarship and engagement in research and creative work that advances knowledge and enriches the learning experience of students;
- Provide professional development that will serve to enhance student co-curricular and extracurricular activities in the life of the College so as to enrich student experiences, advance student engagement, and promote student success;
- Enhance and strengthen an environment of community, collegiality, and sharing so as to recruit, develop and retain highly qualified and knowledgeable faculty;
- Strengthen interdisciplinary relationships between Centers and academic units to supplement and augment the integration of research, outreach, and/or community education activities of academic and administrative departments;
- Support faculty holistically, focusing on the body, mind spirit connection that encourages full human development and growth and;
- Support faculty in learning and implementing virtualization technologies to their teaching repertoire that will extend cutting-edge computing to students anywhere, anytime.
MEC has adopted Hybrid/HyFlex learning to many of our courses, where class sessions and learning activity is offered in-person, synchronously online, and asynchronously online. Students can decide how to participate. For more information and support on Hybrid/HyFlex classrooms, visit https://www.mec.cuny.edu/it/classroom-tech-support/hyflex-hybrid-classrooms/.
The CTLE serves as a conduit to various MEC institutional centers and units including:
- Sponsored Programs
- Research and Grants
- Faculty Computing (CUNYfirst, Blackboard & ePortfolio)
- Study Abroad (Faculty/Student exchanges & Distance Learning initiatives)
- Student Life; Service Learning; and others
The MEC Center for Teaching and Learning strives to enhance the spirit of collegiality, professionalism, and collaboration that is the heart of our institution. It empowers all MEC faculty to provide an exceptional educational experience to all students.
If you have any questions or would like more information about CTLE, please send an email to CTLEHelpdesk@mec.cuny.edu.