The Office of Admissions: Freshmen Admission
Medgar Evers College offers a unique range of classes that allows students to learn, grow, and explore their interest within a cordial and supportive campus community of distinguished scholars. With more than 20 majors to choose from, students are prepared for careers in fields such as business, health, social services, and education. Medgar Evers College offers flexible day, evening, and weekend schedules that allow students to work at their own pace to complete their degree. Located conveniently in central Brooklyn, Medgar Evers College is easily accessible by public transportation and to cultural, recreational, and entertainment venues.
To apply as a freshman, you must meet the following requirements:
- Show proof of high school completion. Only official high school transcripts (in a sealed envelope) and diplomas (or GED) are accepted.
- Provide proof of residency to qualify for in-state tuition.
- Submit a $65 money order payable to University Application Processing Center (UAPC).
- Get started, apply now!
Applicants applying to a Bachelor’s program must have at least a high school GPA of 80 or a GED score of 2250, and a SAT score of 960 (480 Verbal and 480 Math) or ACT score of 20.
Once accepted, you are required to:
- Take the CUNY Assessment Test prior to registration unless exempted. Contact the Testing Center prior to registration.
- Satisfy immunization requirement by submitting immunization form to the Office of Health Services prior to registration.
- Attend a mandatory Freshmen Orientation session.