Faculty and Staff Email Migration to M365
We are pleased to provide an update on the CUNY-wide project to transition faculty and staff email accounts to the Microsoft Cloud.
Medgar Evers College faculty and staff email is tentatively scheduled to transition to Microsoft Cloud on or around Wednesday, March 8, 2023.
Moving email to the cloud provides numerous benefits, including the capability to integrate your email with other applications within the Microsoft 365 family, such as Teams, OneDrive, and SharePoint. The transition to Microsoft’s cloud-based email system will provide increased reliability, significantly reduce the risk of phishing and spam attacks, efficient single sign-on, and 24/7 Microsoft support and accessibility features.
While you will be required to use your CUNYfirst login credentials (XXXX.XXXXfirstname.lastname@example.org) to access email in the cloud, your primary email address will be your Medgar Evers College email address (if Medgar Evers College is your primary campus affiliation). Your primary email address will be determined by your primary campus affiliation in CUNYfirst.
There are several phases to this project. MEC OIT will send you more information about the phases in the coming weeks. Below are some things you can do now to prepare for this transition.
- Perform a clean-up of your personal mailbox and any department (shared) mailboxes for which you are responsible.
- Delete unnecessary emails and junk emails
- Empty your Deleted Items folder in Outlook
- Save and delete large attachments (especially those > 35 MB). This is critical because you will not be able to migrate emails or email attachments that are 35MB or larger. CUNY has prepared instructions on how to search for and save/remove these emails and attachments.
- Review CUNY’s O365 FAQs and training materials
You can visit our College Website's M365 faculty and staff email migration page. The page will be updated every Friday with the latest project information.
If you have any questions, please email HelpIT@mec.cuny.edu, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.