The Office of Accessibility and Accommodations Services is responsible for ensuring that all individuals with documented disabilities receive appropriate accommodations.
It is the responsibility of the student to self-identify as a student with a disability.
Students must contact the Office of Accessibility and Accommodations Services to schedule an appointment with the Director to register for services. It is the responsibility of the student to provide documentation (see documentation guidelines) to support the individual’s request for any accommodations.
- Complete the Intake form
- Submit documentation of disability that supports request for accommodation
- Meet with the director to discuss eligibility.
- Academic, vocational, and rehabilitation counseling
- Early Advisement
- Early registration
- Coordination and facilitation of reasonable accommodations on an individualized basis
- Administration of exams with accommodations (i.e. extra time, reader, writer)
- One on one or group tutoring
- Use of a tape recorder, calculator in class
- Note-taking services
- Textbooks in alternate format
- Coordination of ASL interpreting services as needed
- Alternate format print material: i.e. enlarged print
- Classroom relocation as needed for differently-abled students, faculty, and staff
- Assistive technology resources
- Referral to outside resources upon request
- Liaison with college and community
- On-campus parking (case by case basis, some restrictions may apply)
- Referral to employment
- Voter Registration Assistance