A Project of the Executive Leadership & Management Institute at EducationÂ Medgar Evers College, The City University of New York
The Executive Leadership Certificate Program offers an overview of key concepts required to succeed in todayâ€™s challenging leadership and management environment. Participants will learn different leadership principles, such as Personal Leadership skills, Innovation & Technology, Public Policy and Ethics, Negotiation, and Strategic Communication & Persuasion in the Digital Age. Regardless of your industry, the ability to lead and supervise people, communicate effectively and understand how businesses, government, and nonprofits are organized are all valuable skills. A Leadership Certificate from Medgar Evers College, a senior college of the largest urban university in the world, The City University of New York (CUNY)â€“ will help prepare you for the future.
Dates:Â June 14-18, 2020
Venue:Â Medgar Evers College, CUNY
Through interactive lectures, hands-on workshops, case studies, self-assessments, and other experiential learning opportunities, participants will explore the dynamics of leadership in a changing political and economic landscape. The curriculum balances debate and analysis with structured opportunities for reflection and personal development to ensure that participants become architects of change.
Topics will include:
- Leadership Style & Business Analysis Models – Understanding your personal management style and knowledge of analytical models are useful leadership tools.
- Strategic Communications and Persuasion in the Digital Age – Helps executives and managers become successful communicators in person and in virtual contexts: from group discussions to presentations to social media.
- Leadership & Management – Learn to harness the leadership skills, political resources, and cultural understandings needed to guide successful organizational change.
- Personal Leadership â€“ As a leader, you need to know how to inspire others, direct others, change others, influence others, and turn others around at times of adversity
- Problem Solving, Decision Making, and Innovation – The ability to make effective and timely decisions is an essential skill for successful executives.
- Leading Change in Complex Times – As a participant in this program you will learn frameworks that are grounded in research and demonstrated through classroom conversations, exercises, group work, case studies and a software-based business simulation
- Politics, Public Policy, and Ethics – The leadership environment creates ethical choices that can be hard to think through clearly.
- Financial Stewardship â€“ Understanding budgetary issues and the ability to raise funds are essential skills for all executive
Why get a MEC-CUNY Executive Certificate?
An MEC Executive Certificate is a formal recognition of your professional development and commitment to continuous learning. An Executive Certificate allows you to further your knowledge and skills with diverse professionals from different backgrounds. The certificates are offered in multiple areas of concentration, providing executives with the opportunity to tailor their education plans to meet their own specific interests and business goals. Participants are expected to bring unique leadership challenges and develop solutions in a group setting.
Benefits of a MEC-CUNY Executive Certificate
In addition to networking and the knowledge gained at the programs, participants who have earned an Executive Certificate will receive:
- Updates on faculty research, new programs, and University initiatives
- Membership in the MEC Executive Certificate Network Group on LinkedIn