- Traditional strategies to create community through in-person group programming will be limited. Small gatherings of students will be limited to spaces that can accommodate appropriate social distancing and require wearing masks.
- A cross-departmental working group including staff and student leaders has developed virtual student life programs and services.
- Food service facilities, once open, will provide all food in single-serve, to-go containers; will use only single-use, prepackaged utensils, and condiments; and will deploy touchless payment systems.
- Campus libraries, study rooms, computing labs, and student service areas will operate consistently with relevant State guidelines. These venues are designed to maintain the physical distancing of patrons and the adherence to mask-wearing requirements.
- In-person student group meetings permissible under State guidelines will be scheduled centrally to support contact tracing.
Events The College has not generally provided campus space for external events, which are subject to an exception/review process for mission-critical events that meet physical distancing and other applicable safety standards specified by federal, New York State, and local guidelines and CUNY’s directives. The campus will not host in-person events that are open to the public during the fall 2021 semester. Gatherings and meetings of student organizations will occur only with the appropriate social distancing of at least six feet or three feet of space between individuals and will require participants to wear masks (unless outside and physical distances are maintained). Standards and guidelines for indoor and outdoor events continue to evolve rapidly. Therefore, all requests for events should be directed to Beverly Davis in Space Reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visitor Policy Neither visitors without a business purpose nor other guests are allowed on campus. A visitor to the College is not a MEC student, faculty, or staff member. Examples of visitors include, but are not limited to:
- Vendors and other individuals coming to campus to perform activities related to a contract with or in support of the College.
- Employees of related entities to MEC, including without limitation, auxiliary enterprise corporations, student-faculty association, and the child care center.
- Unpaid college interns.
- Community members and other individuals coming to the campus to use the College facilities such as pools and gyms or to attend activities on campus. And,
- Family members or friends of MEC students, faculty, or staff.
- Two weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines; or
- Two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson + Johnson’s Janssen vaccine; or
- At the time specified in either the FDA licensure or World Health Organization’s approval, after the final administration of any other vaccines.
- any masking and social distancing requirements; and
- any applicable federal, New York State, or local quarantine rules.
VISITOR POLICY GRID: UNDER 12 POPULATION
|TYPES OF UNDER 12 GROUPS||DESCRIPTION||CUNY PROTOCOL|
|1. Accommpanying a visitor||Children accompanying a visitor who has business to tend to on campus for a limited time.||
|2. Attending Events||Children attending an event, performance, or assembly where a large group will congregate for an extended period.||
|3. Enrolled in programs||Children who routinely come to CUNY facilities to participate in a program.||