The Office of Accreditation, Quality Assurance and Institutional EffectivenessÂ provides oversight and support to policy and programs designed to promote within the College an understanding that assessment, quality assurance and continuous institutional improvement are the core of academic, administrative, student support, and operational planning.
In support of that function, the Office has established a cyclical monitoring and auditing function to ensure that recommendations and compliance requirements from the Middle States Commission and other external and internal review bodies are addressed, completed and fully documented. All departments, programs and offices responding to accrediting organizations and/or undergoing program reviews will be expected to consult with and seek guidance and support from this Office, and to receive approval prior to submission of their respective final reports.
The Office of Accreditation, Quality Assurance and Institutional Effectiveness will collaborate with theÂ Office of Academic AffairsÂ to standardize the Collegeâ€™s intentional interventions while strengthening the Collegeâ€™s ability to move to the next level as it fulfills its mission.
- Continue to monitor implementation of Middle States and College recommendations within the context ofÂ CUNY Performance Management ProcessÂ (PMP) goals.
- Provide support and guidance to Schools, Departments and programs during accreditation and re-accreditation processes.
- Monitor and support programs in completing mandated recommendations and/or findings resulting from accreditation processes.
- Monitor implementation of Middle States Commission on Higher Education Self Study recommendations and suggestions.
- Collaborate on Strategic Planning Cycles as recommended by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Collaborate on implementing theÂ MEC Assessment PlanÂ to reflect new emphases developed by MEC, CUNY, and the US Department of Education.
- Ensure compliance of recommendations resulting from Self Studies submitted to professional accrediting bodies includingÂ NYSED, NLNAC, NCATE, ACBSP, and CSWE.
- Collaborate with academic and service units in preparing:
Medgar Evers College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), and the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) formerly known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission. Medgar Evers College’s academic programs are registered by the New York State Department of Education. Documentation is available in the Office of Academic Affairs.