CUNYfirst 9.2 Upgrade
CUNY is planning to launch the CUNYfirst Campus Solutions upgrade to PeopleSoft 9.2 over the April spring break. Along with applying the CUNYfirst improvements first introduced in December, the Campus Solutions upgrade extends the following benefits across all of CUNYfirst—including a new tile-based CUNYfirst home page:
- Modern, mobile-friendly user interface that adjusts to fit the display device in use (“fluid-like”)
- Enhanced search capabilities make it easier to find data and functions across CUNYfirst
- Tile-based navigation instead of text-based menus
This message provides information to help you prepare for the upcoming CUNYfirst changes.
When is the upgrade taking place?
The CUNYfirst upgrade is planned to take place from the evening of April 14 to the evening of April 18. Campus Solutions functions in CUNYfirst will be unavailable from 7:00 pm on Thursday, April 14 to 10:00 pm on Monday, April 18. To integrate the new PeopleSoft features across CUNYfirst, HCM, and Finance functions, the reposting instances for all functions will be unavailable from 8:00 am on Saturday, April 16 to 10:00 pm on Monday, April 18. No overnight batch processing or file transfers will take place while CUNYfirst is unavailable.
- The CUNYfirst reporting instances will become available again on Tuesday morning, April 19 with the results of the overnight processing from April 18.
Messages as to CUNYfirst availability during these upgrades will be posted to Enterprise Service Desk Announcements in CUNY IT Help for all to see.
Where can you learn more about the CUNYfirst changes?
I encourage you to visit the CUNYfirst web page that has been updated to support the PeopleSoft 9.2 upgrade. The CUNYfirst page provides introductory videos, upgrade announcements, and upgrade information, including links to FAQs and Campus Solutions content in CUNY IT Help. The CUNYfirst page also links to the CIS Technology Training SharePoint site, where you can sign up for training related to your role, and find recordings of webinars and other supporting CUNYfirst materials.
There is also Human Resources and Finance-specific documentation accessible from the CIS Technology Training SharePoint site. If you are uncertain as to which training or documentation is applicable to your role, I encourage you to speak with your supervisor or department head.
After the upgrade completes on April 18, please note the following:
- Your default CUNYfirst view will be the new, tile-based CUNYfirst home page and not the new Employee or Manager self-service page you saw after the December CUNYfirst upgrade.
- When you first use CUNYfirst after the upgrade completes, you may need to clear your web browser’s cuny.edu site cookies to ensure that the new CUNYfirst interface displays correctly. See Why doesn't CUNYfirst display properly after the PeopleSoft 9.2 upgrade? in CUNY IT Help for instructions.
If you encounter issues accessing CUNYfirst after the upgrade, please contact our college help desk at 718-270-6262 or HelpIT@mec.cuny.edu for assistance.