Degree conferral is a four-step process consisting of completing all academic requirements for your degree, settling all financial obligations, submitting an online application, and final reviewing requirements and conferral by the Registrar’s Office. Students in their last semester of coursework are eligible to apply for graduation.
A student is eligible to file for graduation pending the following conditions:
- Has met with Academic Advisor to review degree audit.
- Has met the minimum required 2.0 GPA.
- Has met the minimum required 60 credits (Associates Degree) or 120 credits (Bachelor’s Degree) in the declared curriculum.
- Has registered for last semester of “Still Needed” courses.
- Has met the minimum credits of residency needed.
- Has begun the process to resolve INC grades by the deadline.
- Has received all necessary waivers and/or substitutions (Must consult with advisor)
All prospective graduates must connect with their academic advisor in the Academic Advising Center (email@example.com), Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org), SEEK Program (email@example.com), or School of Education (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request an application for Fall 2023 degree conferral.
The last day to file for Fall 2023 is Friday, October 20, 2023.
STEPS TO FILE FOR FALL 2023 DEGREE CONFERRAL
- Register for your final Fall 2023 courses. YOU MUST REGISTER BEFORE YOU CAN APPLY. Also, to reiterate, you must be completing your last semester of coursework.
- Email your assigned advisor for a graduation application.
*** There is no fee to file for graduation.
- Complete and sign the graduation checklist, letter, and application, and return the package to your assigned advisor for review and signature.
- Your assigned advisor will review, sign, and submit your application to the Registrar’s Office for processing.
- Once all grades have been submitted at the end of the semester, the Registrar’s Office will conduct a final grade evaluation of the prospective graduates and send out an official letter conferring their degree. The Registrar’s Office will notify students of their degree status once the review process is complete. Also, please continuously check the status of your application in CUNYfirst.
Check the status of your graduation application online by following these steps: log in to your CUNYfirst account: Student Center > Graduation > View Graduation Status.
You must remain informed of your application status. If you do not see the status “Awarded” or receive a letter confirming your degree from the Registrar’s Office on or before the first day of classes for the following semester, immediately contact your Academic Advisor as you may have one or more outstanding issues. Consequently, you may have to re-file for graduation during the subsequent semester.