CUNY’s Visitor Policy is designed to restrict anyone who has not been fully vaccinated or has not received a recent negative COVID-19 test from entering a CUNY campus or office.
Definition of Visitor
A visitor to campus is someone who is not a MEC, CUNY student, faculty, or staff member. Examples of visitors include, but are not limited to:
- vendors and other individuals coming to campus to perform activities related to a contract with or in support of the University;
- employees of related entities of CUNY, including without limitation auxiliary enterprise corporations, colleges associations, and child care centers;
- unpaid college interns;
- community members and other individuals coming to campus to use University facilities such as pools and gyms or to attend activities on campus; and
- family members or friends of CUNY students, faculty, or staff
Rules for Visitors
Every visitor to campus, whether accessing indoor or outdoor spaces, must provide proof that they (i) are fully vaccinated or (ii) have had a negative COVID-19 molecular (PCR) test performed by an accredited lab no more than 7 days prior to the visit. “Fully vaccinated” means:
- Two weeks after a second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines; or
- Two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine; or
- At the time specified in either the FDA licensure or World Health Organization approval, after the final administration of any other vaccines.
Visitors must comply with all other University policies and codes of conduct, as well as government and campus-specific rules and protocols, applicable to individuals on campus that are intended to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, including:
- any masking requirements; and
- complying with any applicable federal, state, or local quarantine
Before visiting the campus, visitors are encouraged to consult the campus’ website to review the most current access rules and protocols. A link to the campus plan can be found on CUNY’s Spring 2022 Reopening Plans page.
Exception for Short Visits with No Close Contact
Visitors who are on campus for 30 minutes or less per visit do not have to comply with any COVID-19 vaccination or surveillance testing requirements applicable to CUNY staff unless the visitor expects during that time to be less than 6 feet distant from another person for a total of 15 minutes or more.
Policies for Minors under 5 Years Old
|TYPES OF UNDER 5 GROUPS||CUNY PROTOCOL|
|Accompanying a visitor
Children accompanying a visitor with business to tend to on campus for a limited time.
Children attending an event, performance, or assembly where a large group will congregate for an extended period.
|Enrolled in programs
Children who routinely come to CUNY facilities to participate in a program.