- This event has passed.
2023 College Food Security Summit
Oct 18 at 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Join us for a morning of panel discussions, take-action activities, and networking with academia, community, and government partners on our collective work to empower college students to achieve food security for good.
Registration and light breakfast will start at 8:00 a.m. The program will start promptly at 9:00 a.m. Light lunch and networking will begin at 1:00 p.m.
Summit highlights include:
- Featured Keynote Speaker will be Akbar Cook, Newark’s West Side High School Principal, Amazon Bestselling Author for “Focus on the Love: A Transformative Approach to Organizational Leadership”, Consultant, Mentor, Contestant on The Amazing Race Season 33, and member of Off School Grounds.
- Presentations on College Food Security Statistics and High School Students Transitioning.
- Panel discussions with students, pantry managers, elected officials, and college presidents.
- Featured Speakers include:
Dr. Patricia Ramsey, President, Medgar Evers College, CUNY.
Leslie Gordon, President and CEO, Food Bank For NYC.
Rhonda Mouton, Director, Access for Retention and Economic Success Program, LaGuardia Community CUNY
Christopher Tricarico, Senior Executive Director, Office of Food and Nutrition Services, NYC Department of Education.
Dr. Nicholas Freudenberg, Distinguished Professor at CUNY School of Public Health and Faculty Director of Healthy CUNY.
Robert Yancey, Chief Program Officer, Neighborhood Coalition for Shelter, Inc.
- College Food Security Pledge commitment.
- Food Bank For NYC’s Youth Food Security Advocacy Ambassador Program launch.
- Resource fair and more!
Explore the exciting lineup and schedule for our upcoming event. Get ready for a fantastic experience ahead!
Registration is FREE but seats are limited. Confirm your attendance TODAY!