Space Reservations Requirements
- STATE CHARTER:
A copy of the State Charter indicating the non-profit status of the group or organization must accompany the request for space.
- CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE:
Insurance is required by the renter so as to provide Medgar Evers College with $1,000,000 liability coverage per event, per occurrence.
Sunday and Holiday Utilization of College Facilities
No activities will be scheduled on Sundays and holidays
Confirmation of Space
Confirmation of space shall not be granted until all procedures listed below are completed:
Space Reservations Procedures
- Submit a completed Space Reservation Request Form, along with the state charter, if applicable, at least Six (6) to Eight (8) weeks prior to event date. Include alternate dates and all contact information.
- Submit with your application a $30.00 (non-refundable) processing fee by check or money order.
- Upon confirmation of your request, an invoice will be generated. A $250.00 non-refundable holding fee will be required within 10 business days of your confirmation to secure your requested location. An administrative fee of 10% shall be included in your total invoice amount.
- Submit payment, along with an invoice, to the Bursar’s Office located on the 3rd floor of the SBSS Building, 1637 Bedford Ave. Brooklyn, NY 11225 Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. A copy of payment receipt must be submitted to the Office of Space Reservations.
Cancellation of a Space Request
- Cancellation for a confirmed event must be submitted in writing to the Office of Space Reservations no later than two (2) weeks prior to scheduled event.
- The $250.00 deposit is non-refundable in the event of cancellation. If a full payment was made prior your event and you must cancel, you will receive a refund on the following scale.
- 1 month prior to event – 75% refund
- 2 weeks prior to event – 25% refund
- 1 week prior to event – no refund
Additionally, the College reserves the right to cancel a request for space due to delinquency in fulfilling the conditions outlined under the Space Reservation Procedures.