Beginning in the summer of 2023, all requests for reserving campus space needs to be done through the Coursedog event system. Medgar Evers College faculty, staff, and external clients can access Coursedog here.
STEPS TO RESERVE SPACE ON CAMPUS
Step 1: GET ORGANIZED
- Your first step to requesting space is planning. You will want a tentative date, time, and location as well as alternative times and dates.
- Your goal is to plan your event far enough in advance and be flexible with your event’s time frame.
- You should take time to check the university’s event calendar to verify that your event does not conflict with other major university events.
- All space requests require three weeks notice prior to the event.
Step 2: CHECK DATES
- After choosing your desired location, you may use the event request form found in the link to see if the space is available and has the room capacity to accommodate the anticipated attendance.
Step 3: SUBMIT REQUEST
Things to remember while you are filling out your space request.
- Include your contact information; including full name, phone number, and email address.
- Include time for setup and breakdown.
- Requests can only be submitted online.
- If your event is scheduled outside, make sure that you have an alternate location in case of inclement weather
Step 4: WAIT FOR A RESPONSE
- The last step is the easiest, just wait.
- You will receive an email confirming approval or rejection of your request.
- Do not publicize the event until you receive an email confirmation.
- Expect your response within a week.
- You may be requested to provide additional information.
- If additional information is not submitted, the request may be denied.
- All internal departmental requests must be signed by the provost or department Chair.
President’s Conference Room 1
Edison O. Jackson Auditorium