Office of the Registrar
The mission of the Registrar’s Office is to ensure the accuracy, integrity, and security of student academic records; and, to provide the highest quality of information and services to students, faculty, and staff.
Important Information for Fall 2020 Semester:
MEC/CUNY will introduce the Credit/No Credit (CR/NC) Flexible Grading Policy option for the Fall 2020 semester. When final approval is received it is important that you contact your Academic Advisor (see below) prior to your decision to opt-in for the CR/NC Flexible Grading option. Due to certain licensures and/or department requirements at MEC, students whose major is Nursing, Education or Social Work may not have the CR/NC available to them. Certain pre-requisite courses leading to these majors may also be excluded from the CR/NC option.
KEY MEC INFORMATION
FINANCIAL AID: Students should seek guidance from financial aid if considering the CR/NC option to discuss implications on meeting financial aid requirements (for example, some scholarships may require a minimum number of credits each semester to be taken for a letter grade). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ACADEMIC ADVISEMENT: Students should seek guidance from their academic advisors or their major/program advisors to consider implications of the CR/NC option for specific courses relevant to a future career, graduate, or professional training requirements. Contact your advisor if any questions.
REGISTRAR’S OFFICE: email@example.com
- The Office of the Registrar provides a wide range of services to the college community. It coordinates activities including, but not limited to, an efficient course registration, maintenance and protection of academic records, and certification of students for continued enrollment and for graduation.
- The Office of the Registrar maintains, interprets, and monitors academic policy and communicates procedures to faculty, students, and the College's various constituencies.
- The office certifies student enrollment and academic eligibility to various governmental, public, private, and academic agencies.
- The Office of the Registrar’s guiding principle is to respond to legitimate requests for information or services as quickly and accurately as possible, in a professional and courteous manner.
Academic Calendar Spring 2021 (PDF version)
Academic Calendar Summer 2021 (PDF version)
Academic Calendar Fall 2021 (PDF version)
Academic Calendar Winter 2021 (PDF version)
Academic Calendar Fall 2020 (PDF version)
WU/INC/WN/F Grade Reminders:
Incomplete Grading Information:
Credit-Rating/No-Credit at a Glance:
Spring 2021 Verification of Enrollment
- Change of Address – students can download the form to change their address
- Change of Name/Social Security - Students who would like to change their Name and or Social Security Number may download the form. The form may only be submitted in person at the Office of the Registrar.
- CUNY e-Permits - The on-line permit process allows students to make arrangements to take courses at OTHER CUNY COLLEGES without having to directly contact both the home and host colleges for approval. The intent of this process is to provide a convenient means of obtaining permission to register for courses offered at other CUNY colleges.
- Directory Information Non-Disclosure Form – Students can use the form to block directory information from being released on their behalf.
- Duplicate Diploma Request Form – Students can use the form to order a duplicate for a lost or stolen diploma.
- Enrollment Verification –CUNY - Medgar Evers College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide degree and enrollment verification. National Student Clearinghouse may be contacted at: studentclearinghouse.org
- Independent Study Form - An independent study (IND) course is an organized program of individualized study supervised by a faculty sponsor where a student participates self-regulated learning. Students can utilize the form to register for an independent study course.
- Transcript Request – Students can utilize the form or website to order a copy of their transcript.
WA Reversal - Students who do not comply with the immunization requirements after 30 days from the first day of classes will receive a 'WA' grade and will not be allowed to attend classes.