DEPARTMENT OF ASSESSMENT
Our Assessment Department aims to enhance the overall students' experience at Medgar Evers College through recommendations for continuous improvements of the academic offerings and the administrative use of resources. Various assessment activities and continuous monitoring of progress are measures use to achieve set missions and goals. Relevant and reliable data based on institutional parameters are generated to effect curricular design, pedagogical approaches, course content and evaluation rubrics. MEC serves a diverse and changing demographic student body so all effort is being taken to make assessment an integral part of the culture.
The primary objective is to make Assessment at Medgar Evers College an Institutional Affair.
- Ensure continuous and sustainable approaches to assessment are relevant, practical, planned, accurate, organized and cost effective.
- Provide training and relevant available resources to all faculty and staff for the assessment process.
- Create a culture of assessing student learning outcomes throughout the college.
- Encourage best practices in using assessment results to improve teaching and learning.
ASSESSMENT LINKS AND DOCUMENTATION
- PROGRAM ALIGNMENT & REVIEW (PDF)
- ASSESSMENT CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS (PDF)
- ASSESSMENT BEST PRACTICES (PDF)
- ASSESSMENT GUIDES (PDF)
- Instruments and Methods
- Student Success Progression Model (SSPM) Flow Chart(PDF)
- Program and Course Level Outcomes
Middle States Commission on Higher Education's (MSCHE)
- CURRICULUM MAPPING
- COURSE SYLLABUS TEMPLATE
- Practice Writing SMART Goals
- Workshop Evaluation
- GLOSSARY OF TERMS
- ASSESSMENT UPDATE
- EXTERNAL LINKS
- RUBRIC SURVEY ACADEMIC
- RUBRIC SURVEY AES
- Student Profile Survey