The Health Careers Pipeline Project (HCCP) at Medgar Evers College (MEC) aims to recruit, prepare, and ultimately graduate students from underrepresented groups in STEM-based fields with a focus on health care careers.
- Funded by the US Department of Health and Human Services, National Workforce Diversity Program.
- High School students earn dual-credit toward an Associate's degree and High School diploma.
- College students with an Associate's degree earning a Bachelor's degree
- STEM academic programs: Biology, Nursing, Computer Science, Psychology, and Mathematics.
Academic enrichment, career advisement and exploration, community research, mentoring, field trips, job shadowing, internships, certifications: WHO Emerging Respiratory Illnesses including COVID-19, CPR, and "Stop the Bleed"
Project Director: Dr. Sheilah Paul, Dean of the School of Education
(718) 270-4936, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Janelle Edwards, Grant Associate
(718) 804-8293, email@example.com