At Medgar Evers College, the Bachelor of Science in Financial Economics prepares you an occupation in the world of finance. From our state-of-the-art facilities, our degree program allows you up to 14 credit hours of free electives to explore other academic interest areas, including minors in mathematics, psychology, computer information systems, and accounting, to name a few. Graduates of our degree program will be proficient in modern financial theory and the tools needed to conduct theoretical and applied research, with a strong understanding of how financial instruments are priced in markets and how individuals and firms manage financial risk.
The Bachelor of Science in Financial Economics prepares you for careers in Banking, Investment Banking, Corporate Finance, Real Estate Management, Loan Officer, etc. You are also prepared to take the Securities Industries Essentials (SIE) certification exam using our state-of-the-art Wall Street Trading Lab. Our professors are highly experienced in their fields and are a great resource to academic success.
Bachelor of Science in Financial Economics – 100% Online
There are now two ways to enroll in the Bachelor of Science in Financial Economics. You can enroll in face-to-face (classroom courses) or you can attend 100% online.
Students in our 100% online Bachelor of Science in Financial Economics will have remote access to our state-of-the-art Wall Street Trading Floor, using the industry-standard software such as StockTrak to prepare for the Securities Industries Essentials (SIE) exam. Graduates who have passed this exam have found employment on Wall Street and the Royal Bank of Canada.
Students who choose this field of study will be prepared for entry-level career opportunities in:
- Public or Private Sector Finance
- Money Markets and Economic Development
- Government and International Markets
More Ways to Make Your Degree Affordable
We are committed to helping you find ways to meet, manage, and lower your education costs. You can explore the following options:
- Scholarships, Federal financial aid, loans, and grants for those who qualify
- Our interest-free monthly payment plan
- Tuition assistance and/or veterans education benefits for those who qualify
Support for Veterans and Military Members
We support the higher education needs of the U.S. Armed Forces and have enrolled active-duty military service members, reservists, veterans, and their family members. The Office of Veterans and Military Services aims to ease the transition from service member to scholar by integrating and overseeing programs, services, resources, and activities that support student veterans to post-graduate success. We are here to assist with the following:
- Direct Admissions and Application Fee Waiver
- Priority Registration
- Applying for GI Bill and VA Benefits
- Certification of VA Education Benefits
- VA Work-Study Placement
- Access to Tutorial Services and much more!
Access Support Services, Anywhere
We're with you every step of the way today through graduation day and every day after that. We provide the necessary student services and support to help you succeed.
The following resources are available to you:
- Online Academic Advisors and Mentors
- Online Tutors
- Online Career Counseling
- Online Writing Center for writing feedback
- Online Tech Support
- Access to the City University of New York online library system and our own Charles Evans Inniss Memorial Library
- Academic Clubs and Honor Societies