The Academic Advising Center (AAC) is here to guide you through your academic journey. The AAC’s Academic Advisors provides academic guidance and related services to students with 31+ credits. Students are assigned to an advisor based on their major. This model is designed to strengthen the connection between students experience in Academic Advisement and that of their department so that they receive the benefit of faculty mentorship as well as professional advisement services.
Students can schedule a thirty-minute appointment to speak with their assigned academic advisor or “walk-in” to utilize our fifteen-minute fast-track available advisor service. Each Academic Advisor assists students with the following:
- Creating an Education Action Plan if student is on academic probation
- Mapping four-year degree plan via DegreeWorks to ensure timely graduation
- Utilizing DegreeWorks advising/graduation audit system and GradesFirst appointment and communication systems
- Developing academic and professional goals during their undergraduate college experience and beyond
- Understanding the purpose of general education and its relation to curricula
- Identifying and assisting with resolving academic issues related to grades, academic progress, and degree completion
- Addressing personal, social, and financial issues which serve as barriers to academic success
We welcome your educational needs and thank you for allowing us to assist you in achieving your academic endeavors.