Evening & Weekend Programs
The pursuit of a higher education should be accessible to everyone who desires a college degree.
We acknowledge that in our ever changing world there must be alternatives to the traditional route
to education. Students’ lives are evolving as rapidly as the world; flexibility and availability of options are key factors for the completion of undergraduate degrees.
The Evening and Weekend Program Office delivers extended services in the evening and on weekends to our students and faculty. We serve as liaison for students and to the many faceted offices at MEC. The office is charged with increasing the number of courses offered in the evening, weekend, online and accelerated format.
During the fall and spring semesters we offer approximately 1000 courses in the evenings and on the weekend.
Which courses are offered?
- Courses within liberal arts; education; social sciences; sciences; math and business are offered in the evenings and on the weekend
When are courses offered?
- Monday thru Friday evening courses start as early as 4:30 p.m. However, the majority of the evening courses begin at either 6:00 p.m. or 6:20 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday classes begin as early as 8:30 a.m.
Did you know you can Fast Track your undergraduate degree? For the eager student seeking to complete college in an accelerated format, or for the student who cannot physically be on campus, there are options available so that you do not have to delay your education:
- Business Administration
- Liberal Arts (Social and Behavioral Sciences Concentration)
- Sciences (Biology Concentration)
Additional Options to Fast Track your Degree
- Accelerated courses (three credit courses completed within 7 weeks)
- Online courses (fully online courses and hybrid)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP) through the College Board
- Credit for Prior Learning through Portfolio Development
- Summer and Winter Intersession Courses