Presented at the 34th Annual Metropolitan Association
of College and University Biologists Conference, October 2001
- Study of Heavy Metal Accumulations in the American Oyster Crassostrea virginica in Jamaica Bay, NY. S. Persaud,1 K. Lett,2 M. A. Carroll,1 E. J. Catapane1 and G. Sarinsky,2 1Medgar Evers College and 2Kingsborough Community College, Brooklyn, NY. Faculty Mentor: Dr. Carroll.
- Rehabitation of the American Oyster Crassostrea virginica in Jamaica Bay, New York. W. Barrerio,1 S. Edwards,1 E. Nduka,2 E. J. Catapane2 and G. Sarinsky;1 1Kingsborough Community College, 2Medgar Evers College, Brooklyn, NY. Faculty Mentor: Dr. Ebere Nduka.
- Osteoclast Function in an Osteogenesis Imperfecta Murine Model. Joy Drummond and Ines Vigil,1 Dept. of Biology, Medgar Evers College and 1Hospital for Special Surgery. Faculty Mentor: Mozaffar Hassan.
- Genes Encoding Proteins Responsible for the Biosynthesis of Daunorubicin in the Actinomycete NS3-166. Kedra Cyrus, Leong May Ling1 and Nga Been Hen1. Dept. of Biology, Medgar Evers College and 1National University of Singapore. Faculty Mentor: Charles desBordes.
- Genes Encoding Proteins responsible for the Biosynthesis of Tetracenomycin (TCM) in the Actinomycete Strain NC4. Julia Graham, Bok Chek Mei1 and Nga Been Hen1, Dept of Biology, Medgar Evers College and 1Dept. of Microbiology, National University of Singapore. Faculty Mentor: Charles desBordes.
- Investigating and Analyzing the Phenotypic Qualities of K14 Downless Transgenic Mice. Julia Ebanks, Johanna Pispa1 and Irma Thesleff1, Department of Biology, Medgar Evers College and 1Department of Developmental Biology University of Helsinki. Faculty Mentor: Edward J. Catapane.
- Isolation of a putative Arabidopsis indole pyruvate decarboxylase gene by RT-PCR. Pascale Pierre1 and Jennifer Normanly,2 1Department of Biology, Medgar Evers College Brooklyn, NY and 2the University of Massachuset, Amherst, MA. Faculty Mentor: Mohsin Patwary.
- The Diversity of Bacteria in Human Milk. Anne-Marie Holland,1 Mari Heikkilä2, Shea Beasley2 and Per E. J. Saris,2 1Dept. of Biology, Medgar Evers College, Brooklyn, NY and 2University of Helsinki. Faculty Mentor: Charles desBordes.
- Trapping One Conformation of DNAK, a E-cdi Hsp70 Protein, using Chemical Cross Linking. Claudia Pyke,1Joanna Feltman-Swain2 and Lila Gierasch,2 1 1Dept. of Biology, Medgar Evers College, Brooklyn, NY and the Dept. of Cell and Molecular Biology, 2University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Faculty Mentor: Anthony Udeogalanya.
- Identification of eNOS in Pellets and Supernatants Using Western Blotting Techniques. Shelton Charles,1 Jazmin Liu,2 E. Mbaku,2 C. Hewitt,2 S.P. Duckles 2 and J. Buchholz.2 1Dept. of Biology, Medgar Evers College and 2Loma Linda Univ. Sch. of Med. and Coll. of Med. Univ. of Calif. Faculty Mentor: Dr. Nduka.