School of Liberal Arts and Education
BA Graduation Requirements
- Completion of Student Teaching Internship I and II with a grade of C or better
- Complete 6 credits in MEC science and math core courses with a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or better.
- Complete 9 credits in MEC English core courses with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Complete all required Professional Education courses
- Complete a 30-credit concentration in either Mathematics, English, Social Studies or Science (Early Childhood/Special Education majors may choose a Psychology concentration)
- Complete 100 Early Field Experience hours
- Complete 300 Student Teaching field hours
- Complete required New York Teacher Certification Exams (NYSTCE) before graduation [LAST, ATS-W, CST-MS, & CST-SD (Special Education majors only)]
- Pass all NYSTCE Workshops (EDUC 494, EDUC 495, EDUC 496, EDUC 498, and EDUC 499)
All candidates are required to take the New York State Teacher Certification Examination (NYSTCE) before they reach graduation (program completion). To ensure that candidates reach their goal, the department offers a series of professional development workshops.