Administrative Computing Services
The file below requires that you use Adobe Acrobat®,
freely downloadable by clicking on the button above.
User Guide in PDF Format
Telephone Set User
instructions are for the telephones that look like this.M3904
Questions? Call the Help Desk at ext 6262 or email
Administrative Computing Services Center
Medgar Evers College
The City University of New York
Make a Call
- Lift the
- Press a
Line Key twice.
The last number you called is automatically redialed.
Transfer a call
- You must have a call on your line. Press
the Transfer Key. (The other party is placed on hold and you will receive
a dial tone. The screen displays call on hold, dial number).
- Dial the number of the telephone where
the call is to be transferred.
- Press the swap key to switch between
talking with the original caller and the new caller.
- Press the connect key to complete the
- Press the conference key while you are
on a call. (The other party is on hold and you hear a dial tone. The
screen displays CALL ON HOLD, DIAL NUMBER).
- Dial the number of the person you want
to add to the conference.
- Press the Swap key to switch between
talking to the original caller and the new caller.
- Press the conference key to complete the
You can set up a
conference call of up to six people (including yourself).
making entries into
the Personal Directory
- Press the Directory/Log Key.
- Press the Select Key in the directories
memo to select Personal Directory.
- Press the Add New key.
- Dial the new name. (Dial the name using
the dial key pad pressing the desired letter repeatedly until the letter
you are selecting appears on the display. Press the right navigator key to
go to the next letter).
- Press the next key.
- Use the dial pad keys to enter the
telephone number associated with the name. (9 must be entered before each
external number and 1 must be entered before area codes).
- Press the Done key to save the entries.
- Press the Quit key or the Directory/Log
key to exit
use the Personal Directory to make a Call
Recording your personal greeting on your voice mail box
Lift handset then dial
6990 or 5186 at the Carroll and Bedford buildings, and log into your mail box. (ext # password #)
Enter 8 *. (The
prerecorded prompts will guide you or you can go to the next step)
Enter 1 to record the
greeting outside callers will hear. Dial 2 to record the greeting callers
within the school will hear. Dial 3 to record a temporary greeting which
will override the first two greetings.
Dial 5 to start
Dial # to stop
Hang up. (The
prerecorded prompts will guide you for further assistance).
in step 2 you must enter the star key
after the 8)