Medgar Evers College Testing Center
Transfer Students from outside CUNY
- Students with a 3 credit college-level English course with a grade of 'C' or better from an accredited college or university are considered proficient in reading and writing.
- Students with a 3 credit college-level math course with a grade of 'C' or better from an accredited college or university are considered proficient in math at all colleges.
- Transfer applicants to associate programs who are not proficient based on the SAT, ACT, NYS Regents exams, or prior English or math courses must take the appropriate CUNY Assessment Tests. These applicants do not have to demonstrate proficiency to be admitted.
Transfers from a CUNY college
- All students who wish to transfer from a CUNY associate program to a CUNY bachelor's program must meet the college's proficiency requirement in reading, writing, and mathematics to be admitted.
- View the Placement/ Assessment and Exit Test Schedule
- About the Assessment Test
- After Assessment Testing – What’s Next?
- Advising and Registration Sign-up
- Winter and Summer Immersion