Office of Institutional Advancement & Communications
The Office of Institutional Advancement and Communications is responsible for implementing both the communications strategies for the College. Staff provides strategic marketing and public relations planning in accordance with institutional priorities.
The Office of Development assists alumni and friends of the College, corporations, and foundations in supporting Medgar Evers College. Funding opportunities include special initiatives that support scholarships, awards, faculty development and recruitment, facility and technology upgrades, emergency funding as well as other special needs.
Medgar Evers College is proud of our alumni and strive to foster a life-long relationship with our graduates. We offer many intellectual, social and cultural programs year-round which provide our alumni with the opportunity to remain engaged with the College. We hope you will take full advantage of the resources made available to you.
On these pages, you will find out how to stay connected with each other, receive news about classmates or fellow grads, and find out how to get more involved with the College. Please visit these pages often as we continue to roll out services and benefits that will help to advance the professional and personal successes of our current and future alumni.
The Medgar Evers College Alumni Network is now on Facebook!
Like the Medgar Evers College Alumni Network on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mecalum and stay engaged with fellow alumni, faculty, staff and friends of Medgar Evers College. Invite fellow alumni to LIKE this page, too!
The Office of Graphics Services provides design and layout services for the College’s marketing and communications needs, the Office handles all:
- Business Cards
- Event Programs/Journals
- Print Advertisements
- Any other marketing communications-related materials
Graphics Services is responsible for all design, layout, and proofing of all such materials printed internally or externally with the College’s imprimatur. Additionally, the staff is responsible for proofing all materials to be printed by any internal or external vendor. This will ensure graphic consistency among all materials produced at the College for internal and external use, and that all materials are accurate and grammatically correct.
As a unit within the office of Communications, Web Services maintains the College web site on a daily basis, coordinating with various administrative and academic departments on content changes, press releases and other messages. This includes training of departmental staff/students for independent creation and publishing of web content.
The Medgar Evers College Office of Space Reservations is responsible for reserving all spaces for events at the college including non-academic internal & external events. The mission of the office is to provide quality service to all constituents utilizing event space at the college.
Guidelines and Conditions
All transactions between any organization, individual and Medgar Evers College-CUNY are subject to the following rules and regulations of the college:
- Granting meeting space to an individual or group does not constitute an endorsement by the college.
- Medgar Evers College reserves the right to deny the use of its facilities and properties to any organization or individual whose activities are not in compliance with the policies and procedures of Federal, N.Y. State, New York City, or City University of New York rules and regulations.
- When using college facilities, organizations or individuals shall conduct themselves in a manner that does not cause injury or damage to persons or property. An event must not cause disruption of college programs, operations, or atmosphere.
- The college reserves the right to relocate, reschedule, or modify the time of a scheduled event if such event is in conflict with an academic-sponsored activity.
- All charges and fees must be paid ten (10) business days prior to an event. The college reserves the right to cancel an event due to non-payment. Future events will not be honored until all outstanding balances are paid.
- To cancel a reservation, a written notice must be submitted as soon as it is known but no later than seven (7) business days prior to event confirmed date.
- Facilities are allocated based on the following CUNY Guidelines below:
- Class Assignments
- Department Programs
- Student club (registered & recognized) and student-sponsored events
- Space Rental – fees apply – Internal/External groups
- Adult & Continuing Education
- Community Sponsored Programs
- Related to Academics
- Un-related to Academics
- Social Issues
- Political Events
- An organization or speaker may display the name and address of 'Medgar Evers College' on promotional materials for the sole purpose of indicating the location of the event. Under no other circumstances shall the name 'Medgar Evers College' be used or displayed without explicit written approval of the college.
- An event must not be advertised or promoted prior to written confirmation from the Office of Space Reservations noting that the space requested has been approved.
- Medgar Evers College-CUNY is a smoke-free institution. Smoking is not permitted at any time on campus facilities. In addition, balloons are not permitted in the college auditorium. No alcohol is permitted on campus without prior permission and proper documents.
- An organization or speaker may not assign any rights or obligations under the term of the Space Reservation Agreement to another party without prior written consent of the college.