The mission of the Career Management Services Center is to assist students with professional preparation through career exploration, recruitment and enhancement activities. The CMSC provides guidelines, best practices, and co-curricular programming which, when students fully engage in, afford them the opportunity to become life-long custodians of their professional experience.
Career Management Services Center activities assist, empower, and encourage students with:
- developing the professional skills necessary to compete in the world of work,
- being proactive with managing their career planning and development,
- making smooth transitions: from student to professional or when making a career change, and,
- the practice of life-long learning.
To accomplish this mission, the Career Center utilizes in-person, as well as, online technology to engage and assist students. From mock interviews and executive guest speakers, to internship recruitment, and assistance with obtaining professional attire, the Career Center provides a multitude of resources that address students’ career needs.
The Career Preparatory Plan
The Career Preparatory Plan is the Career Center’s signature workshop intended to assist students with managing their professional progression while completing their college education. The Plan is a check list of co-curricular and career activities that students should engage in, in order to be ready for the world of work once they reach graduation.
- Self-Assessment/Career Exploration
- Career Coaching
- Mock Interviews
- Industry Exposure
- Resume Review & Approval
- Internship/Job Search Assistance
- Recruitment Initiatives / Career Fairs
- Graduate School Awareness