Re-admitting to the College
Applicants who have registered for courses at Medgar Evers College in a previous semester and have not been in attendance for one or more semesters thereafter need to apply for re-admissions in order to register for classes in a forth coming semester.
1. Applicant must have no outstanding "stops" on their SIMS academic records.
2. Applicant must have maintained at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA or above while in attendance at MEC or any other institution(s).
3. Applicants with a cumulative GPA less than 2.0 must file for re-admission on probation. More specifically, below are the minimum required cumulative GPA standards for students re-admitting on probation:
Total Number of Credits Minimum GPA
|0 – 12.5 Credits||1.50 GPA|
|13 – 24.5 Credits||1.75 GPA|
|25 and over credits||2.00 GPA|
All students applying for re-admissions under this category will have their complete application packet forwarded to The Office for Academic Transformation & Success (OATS) for final admission decision. Your complete packet will be forwarded to the Academic Probation and Dismissal committee(APD) for final decision.
What are the procedures for filing for re-admissions?
- Applicant must complete a Re-admissions application.
- Applicant must go to the Office of Admissions and receive a referral to the Bursar’s Office.
- Applicant must pay a non-refundable application processing fee of $10. This fee is to be paid at the Bursar office after you have received a Referral from the Office of Admissions. Personal checks are not accepted. A copy of your payment receipt must be attached to this application. The Bursar’s Office is located at 1637 Bedford Avenue, 3rd Floor, Room S-308, Brooklyn, New York 11225.
- Applicants who have attended another college since their last attendance date at MEC must have official transcripts sent directly from that institution to MEC Office of Admissions, or hand delivered in a sealed envelope.
- Applicants are expected to submit their application no later than one month prior to the start of registration for the semester they are wishing to re-admit into.
- Completed applications are to be submitted to the Office of Admission, Medgar Evers College, 1665 Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11225.
Medgar Evers College
1665 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11225