The Office of Admissions:Non-Degree Applicants
If you are not interested in attaining a degree at Medgar Evers College but would like to enroll in credit bearing courses, you may apply as a non-degree applicant. Non-degree applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have college credits prior to applying and must submit a copy of their transcripts as proof of good academic standing.
- Submit proof of high school graduation or a GED diploma.
- Complete and return non-degree application to the Admissions Office.
- Submit a $65 non-refundable processing fee payable to the Bursar Office.
You may also apply as a non-degree applicant if you hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher. You must show proof of attaining a degree.
Once accepted, you are required to:
- Take the CUNY Assessment Test unless exempted. Contact the Testing Center for information.
- Satisfy immunization requirement and submit immunization form with the Office of Health Services unless exempted.
If you have registered for courses at Medgar Evers College in a previous semester and have not attended for one or more semesters you must apply as a re-admit applicant. Re-admit applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have no outstanding “stops” on their academic records and maintain minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Complete and return a re-admit application to the admissions office.
- Submit a $20 non-refundable processing fee payable to the bursar office.
Applicants with a GPA less than 2.0 must apply for re-admission on probation. To apply for re-admission on probation, applicants must either have:
- 0 to 12.5 credits and GPA of 1.50
- 13 to 24.5 credits and GPA of 1.75
- 25 credits or more and GPA of 2.00