- ESTABLISH for Kingsborough students who belong to historically
underrepresented groups in the Sciences, an educational environment and
mechanism that increases the number and quality of undergraduates who
complete an Associate Degree in Science, continue on to the
Baccalaureate level, and ultimately enter a career in biomedical
- FACILITATE the transition period
between completing an A.S. degree and entering into a B.S. degree
program which can be a serious stumbling block, impeding the progress of
well qualified and potentially successful students.
- FOSTER the academic success of
historically underrepresented students by establishing a two year long
intervention and enrichment program using the combined resources of
Medgar Evers College and Kingsborough Community College.
- PROVIDE participating students with
the basics to successfully pursue biomedical careers.
- IMPROVE student verbal, written,
mathematical and social skills.
- ENCOURAGE student interest and
confidence in their ability to pursue biomedical studies.
- PROMOTE student realization of the
relationships of biomedical studies to all aspects of their lives and
the role of the biomedical sciences as a major driving force in
- RAISE student awareness of the
accessibility of biomedical careers through the continuation of their
- PREPARE participating
Biology majors who graduate Kingsborough Community College
for a smooth transition into a senior college.