Academic Affairs home
CLEP Application Form Ahead of Time (PDF)
Message to the Student
for Assistance with
Assembling the Portfolio
Submission of the Portfolio
EARN YOUR DEGREE FASTER!!!
At Medgar Evers College
There are three ways to achieve this: CLEP* by Exam, Credit by Portfolio and Weekend College
CLEP* BY EXAM
Medgar Evers College is now an Official CLEP by Examination Test Site
Did you know that?
- CollegeBoard CLEP* Exams are available in 34 college-level introductory subjects.
- CLEP* is administered on computer, and exams are available year-round.
- The exams are timed and 90 minutes long.
- With the exception of English Composition with Essay, exams are composed primarily of multiple-choice questions. Some mathematics exams include fill-in type questions.
- All exams are scored on a scale of 20 to 80, and the recommended credit-granting score for all exams is 50, a score equivalent to a grade of C.
- Score reports are available immediately upon completion of the exam. Students know right away how they performed.
- Each exam costs $55. Test centers charge a fee to cover administration costs, usually $20.
- Did you know that CLEP* is a sound policy based on solid standards?
- CLEP* is endorsed and recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE)
- Benefits to Students: Efficiency, Accessibility, Instant Score Reports, and Enhanced Academic Experience
CREDIT FOR PRIOR LEARNING BY PORTFOLIO
As adults in the world of work, the experiences you have gained are invaluable and can be evaluated for college credits. The Credit for Prior Learning via Life/Work Experiences offers the mature individual with considerable life and work experiences, an opportunity to transform those experiences into college credits and to apply them towards a degree at Medgar Evers College of The City University of New York.
It is important to understand that credit is given for the learning that comes from the experience, not for the experience alone, so you have to demonstrate that learning did occur.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time or part-time at Medgar Evers College to initiate the process.
- A student must have completed 24 college credits; these credits must include English 112 and English 150. If enrolled in English 150, a student may request permission to apply at that time.
- If the student has completed the college requirements in his/ her major, the amount of credits requested and approved must be less than that which is needed for graduation.
CLEP* and Credit for Prior Learning are here to help you succeed!!!
For more information call the Testing Center at 718-270-4835 or email@example.com
If you are interested in the Weekend College feel free to contact Ms. Yvette Wall at (718) 270- 4894 or firstname.lastname@example.org.