The Medgar Evers College Office of Space Reservations is responsible for reserving all spaces for events at the college including non-academic internal & external events. The mission of the office is to provide quality service to all constituents utilizing event space at the college.
Guidelines and Conditions
All transactions between any organization, individual and Medgar Evers College-CUNY are subject to the following rules and regulations of the college:
- Granting meeting space to an individual or group does not constitute an endorsement by the college.
- Medgar Evers College reserves the right to deny the use of its facilities and properties to any organization or individual whose activities are not in compliance with the policies and procedures of Federal, N.Y. State, New York City, or City University of New York rules and regulations.
- When using college facilities, organizations or individuals shall conduct themselves in a manner that does not cause injury or damage to persons or property. An event must not cause disruption of college programs, operations, or atmosphere.
- The college reserves the right to relocate, reschedule, or modify the time of a scheduled event if such event is in conflict with an academic-sponsored activity.
- All charges and fees must be paid ten (10) business days prior to an event. The college reserves the right to cancel an event due to non-payment. Future events will not be honored until all outstanding balances are paid.
- To cancel a reservation, a written notice must be submitted as soon as it is known but no later than seven (7) business days prior to event confirmed date.
- Facilities are allocated based on the following CUNY Guidelines below:
Reservations can be made up to ninety (90) days prior to an event.
- Class Assignments
- Department Programs
- Student club (registered & recognized) and student-sponsored events
- Space Rental – fees apply – Internal/External groups
- Adult & Continuing Education
- Community Sponsored Programs
- Related to Academics
- Un-related to Academics
- Social Issues
- Political Events
- An organization or speaker may display the name and address of 'Medgar Evers College' on promotional materials for the sole purpose of indicating the location of the event. Under no other circumstances shall the name 'Medgar Evers College' be used or displayed without explicit written approval of the college.
- An event must not be advertised or promoted prior to written confirmation from the Office of Space Reservations noting that the space requested has been approved.
- Medgar Evers College-CUNY is a smoke-free institution. Smoking is not permitted at any time on campus facilities. In addition, balloons are not permitted in the college auditorium. No alcohol is permitted on campus without prior permission and proper documents.
- An organization or speaker may not assign any rights or obligations under the term of the Space Reservation Agreement to another party without prior written consent of the college.
Space Reservations Requirements
- STATE CHARTER:
A copy of the State Charter indicating the non-profit status of the group or organization must accompany the request for space.
- INSURANCE REQUIREMENT:
Insurance is required by the renter so as to provide Medgar Evers College with $1,000,000 liability coverage per event, per occurrence.
Sunday and Holiday Utilization of College Facilities
No activities will be scheduled on Sundays and holidays unless approved by the Office of Space Reservations.
Confirmation of Space
Confirmation of space shall not be granted until all procedures listed below are completed:
Space Reservations Procedures
- Submit a completed Space Reservation Request Form, along with the state charter, if applicable, at least Six (6) to Eight (8) weeks prior to event date. Include alternate dates and all contact information.
- Submit with your application a $30.00 (non-refundable) processing fee by check or money order.
- Upon confirmation of your request, an invoice will be generated. A $250.00 non-refundable holding fee will be required within 10 business days of your confirmation to secure your requested location. An administrative fee of 10% shall be included in your total invoice amount.
- Submit payment, along with an invoice, to the Bursar’s Office located on the 3rd floor of the SBSS Building, 1637 Bedford Ave. Brooklyn, NY 11225 Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. A copy of payment receipt must be submitted to the Office of Space Reservations.
Cancellation of a Space Request
- Cancellation for a confirmed event must be submitted in writing to the Office of Space Reservations no later than two (2) weeks prior to scheduled event.
- The $250.00 deposit is non-refundable in the event of cancellation. If a full payment was made prior your event and you must cancel, you will receive a refund on the following scale.
- 1 month prior to event – 75% refund
- 2 weeks prior to event – 25% refund
- 1 week prior to event – no refund
Additionally, the College reserves the right to cancel a request for space due to delinquency in fulfilling the conditions outlined under the Space Reservation Procedures.
The table below summarizes capacity and usage fees for each facility.
Based Upon 4 Hour Rental
Application Processing Fee: $30.00
Non Refundable Holding Fee: $250.00
||Mondays - Thursdays
||Friday - Sundays
|Bedford Building (1650 Bedford Ave.)
|President’s Conference Center
|Johnson Lecture Hall
Student Services (“S”) Building (1637 Bedford Ave.)
|Pinkett Lecture Hall
|3rd Floor Lobby Lounge
|3rd Floor Lobby Patio
|3rd Floor Lobby Lounge and Patio
|3rd Floor Conference Room
Carroll Street Building (1150 Carroll St.)
AB1 Health & Science Building (1638 Bedford Ave.)
|Edison O. Jackson Auditorium
|VIP Dining Room
|Cafeteria/Main Dining Room
Request for Space
All requests for space should be directed to Office of Space Reservations, 1150 Carroll Street, Room 400C, Brooklyn, N.Y. 11225. Phone number: (718) 270-6116/6005. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm
Space Rental Packet