Important State Procurement Update:
The Procurement Implementation and Production Support teams have completed Accounts Payable “Shake Out” for the Senior Colleges and Central Office.
Effective today, Wednesday, July 24, the CUNYfirst Procurement system will be open for Accounts Payable staff and AP approvers. Please share this with your offices and departments.
This puts the Procurement system in full production for all users at all CUNY Colleges, Schools and offices.
For AP staff and AP Approvers here are several important points for you to remember:
- Those who have not yet been fully trained to create or approve Vouchers should refrain from doing so in Production until CUNYfirst training is complete.
- Vendor payments for all FY14 CUNYfirst purchases require a CUNYfirst receipt to be entered in the system by the requester or loading dock receiver. All CUNYfirst requesters should be encouraged to enter receipts as soon as goods or services are received.
- Requesters will receive email notifications daily to enter receipts if they have not already been entered when the voucher is created.
- If you have access to multiple business units, please make sure you create your Vouchers in the correct business unit so that the charges go to the appropriate General Ledger entity, and in are charged correctly by the State.
- Remember that all the Vouchers will be interfaced to SFS; those which are not accepted by the State system will need to be cancelled and reissued, so please be careful and follow the steps--it will get much easier with a little practice.
The CUNYfirst team will host an AP workshop, similar to last week’s PO workshop, when there are a sufficient number of business units that are ready to create and submit vouchers. The date will be finalized based on business unit input in the Production Support calls.
The daily Production Support calls continue to be held from 2:00 – 3:00, Monday through Thursdays through the end of August. Please refer to the Project calendar - https://firstcalendar.cuny.edu for updates.
Thank you for your hard work and patience as we have now completed our transition to a single Procurement system for the entire University.