Please note that Academic Computing and Service desk will be open from 9am-6pm.
The staff of the Academic Computing Center at Medgar Evers College welcomes all students and those faculty members who are assigned to teach instructional technology courses to use of our facilities. The mission of our department is to provide academic computing technology and services to meet your instructional and research needs. We offer support to all levels of literacy in our open labs. We also offer student support services related to E-mail, CUNY Portal, Blackboard, Printing and Wi-Fi accounts.
The Academic Computing Center consists of 7 state of the art instructional computer labs and 2 open labs for general student use. Our computer labs are located throughout the campus with the exception of Carroll Street. All labs are equipped with networked microcomputers. All of the labs have Internet access, networked printers and Projectors for instructional use only.
Student & Faculty Usage
- One-hour limit on all computers, if there is a waiting line.
- A validated CUNY student ID card or bursar's receipt is required before using a computer. Everyone must sign the appropriate sign-in sheet.
- Students, faculty and staff need to bring their own storage media, such as USB keys/drives, in order to save their work. There is no access to the computers' hard drives.
- Chat rooms, computer games and pornographic sites are not allowed.
- No eating, drinking, smoking, games, use of cellphones and children is allowed in the computer labs.
Note: The faculty and staff computer facility is located in room 2033
- No software other than those purchased and supported by the college will be installed in the computers.
- College policy decrees that there be no copying of copyrighted or proprietary programs on computers belonging to the college. This is a violation of copyright laws.
Contact: Steve Wymore at (718) 270-4866