Why Medgar Evers College (MEC) Evening and Weekend Programs?
As an evening and weekend student, you are not limited; you will have the flexibility of attending college full or part time. The evening and weekend courses and programs serve a student population whose lifestyles command educational options, adaptability and affordability.
MEC is a comprehensive accredited college with a very diverse student body and faculty, and offers associate and baccalaureate degrees. Our faculty have taught around the globe and have obtained advanced degrees from the finest educational institutions. As a student at MEC, you will encounter a wealth of knowledge both in and outside of the classroom from students and faculty. Many of our students work in professional arenas, and our faculty have both theory and practical experiences.
Many times perspective students may say, it is too late; I am too old; what is the purpose and why should I go to school Now?
- Time will happen regardless, so why not go to college Now
- Be prepared for opportunity (a position or career change may require a college degree)
- Medgar Evers College (MEC) offers over hundrends of courses in the evenings and on the weekends; online and accelerated courses
- MEC offers an AFFORDABLE undergraduate education for students seeking their associate or baccalaureate degrees
- MEC offers degrees in business; liberal arts; math; social sciences; and sciences
- MEC has great faculty and, comprehensive student services areas
The Office of Evening and Weekend Programs (OEW) delivers extended services in the evening and on weekends to our students and faculty. We serve as liaison for students to the administrative and academic offices. OEW is charged with increasing evening and weekend course offerings, accelerated courses and weekend degrees.
We acknowledge that students attending classes in the evening and on the weekend have limited time to address administrative issues. Therefore, OEW is a bridge for our constituents: providing information; resources; policies and procedures; and directing to appropriate departments. Because the college experience should enrich a student’s life, it is our goal to build upon the existing community at MEC and extend to evening students and faculty services that will enhance their educational and professional goals.