The Office of Financial Aid’s core mission is to ensure that all eligible students enrolled at Medgar Evers College apply and benefit from both Federal and State Financial assistance (including grants, loans, and work-study programs) for education beyond high school.
The Office of Financial Aid assists students in achieving their educational goals by providing access to an array of financial resources to fund their education. We administer federal, state, and institutional programs designed to expand college access. The available financial assistance comes in the form of grants, awards, work-study, loans, and scholarships as follow:
- Assist students and their parents search for, apply, receive and maintain eligibility for various types of financial aid;
- Determine financial aid awards;
- Provide web-based technology and support to make the financial aid delivery system more efficient for students;
- Establish financial literacy resources and promote them to students;
- Provide proactive and responsive financial aid counseling; and
- Offer federal work-study resources to help eligible students earn funds for their educational expenses and provide worthwhile job opportunities.