What If I register but never attend a class?
If the student does not anticipate attending class, the student should drop the course/s before the semester/session begins in order to avoid a tuition charge. If the class is in session, the student can decrease the amount of tuition liability by officially withdrawing within the first three weeks for the Fall and Spring semesters or the first week of class for the Winter or Summer session. Please be advised that once classes have started, students who have not officially dropped their class(es) are subject to pay a tuition liability charge. 
I owe money from a previous term. Can I register?
If your account becomes delinquent and is not resolved with the Office of the Bursar, you will not be able to register for the next semester and your statement of grades and/or your official transcripts will be withheld until your delinquent balance is paid in full. It is the policy of the College to assign delinquent accounts to a collection agency. Students with delinquent accounts with the College will be denied the privilege of pre-registering for the next semester. Also their statement of grades and/or official transcripts will be withheld until their delinquent balance is paid in full at the Bursar's Office.  After proper notification, students who have an unpaid balance in their account for the semester may be assigned to a collection agency. Students will be responsible for the outstanding balance, PLUS all the late payment fees, collection agency fees in the range of 14%, court costs and attorney fees. Furthermore, the collection agency will notify all credit reporting agencies of your outstanding debt. It is therefore, important and to your advantage to pay account balances in full when they are due. Payments will be accepted only by cash, money order or by bank certified check.   You can also pay by credit cards (American Express, MasterCard, Discover, Visa) from your CUNYfirst account.  No personal checks are accepted for prior semesters.
I am a Veteran/PARA. What should I do to defer my bill?
VETERAN'S BENEFITS ARE AVAILABLE. Please bring in the authority letter undertaking the payment to the college directly at the Veteran Affairs Department in the Admissions Office and we shall place the estimated awards in the system. All other students who bring in vouchers for payment from Board of Education, 1199, VESID, Greater New York Hospital and other agencies should bring the voucher to the Bursar’s Office window. Board of Education does not pay the technology fee. The technology fee must be paid by the student at the time of registration. Please check with the Billing Coordinator in room S-308A for more information or call 718-270-6084.
When will I receive my Form 1098T for Hope and Lifelong Learning Tax Credits?
The 1098T Tax form for HOPE AND LIFELONG LEARNING TAX CREDITS is issued to all MEC students who pay tuition and fees from January 1st to December 31st of each calendar year. Forms are mailed by CUNY between January 31st  and mid- February of each year.
You can access your 1098T by logging into CUNYfirst. Navigate to Student Center >> Other Finances >> View 1098T.  For additional information, please refer to the following web sites:
Are there any Fees if I Register Late?
Yes! There is a $25 late registration fee. See below for additional information regarding fees.
Late Registration Fee  $ 25.00
Program Change Fee  $ 18.00
Late Payment Fee  $ 15.00
Transcript Fee  $ 7.00
Special Exam Fee  $ 25.00
Transfer Application Fee  $ 70.00
Non-Degree Application Fee  $ 65.00
Re-Admission Fee $ 20.00
Duplicate Bursar Receipt  $ 5.00
Duplicate ID Card  $ 10.00
Duplicate Diploma Fee  $ 30.00