The MEC Study Abroad Office organizes and manages study abroad as a critical component of International Education. The Office promotes and facilitates faculty-led programs as the linchpin of our study abroad program. The Office also collaborates with professional organizations to provide expanded international educational opportunities for Medgar Evers College students. The Office enters into relationship with international institutions to facilitate various aspects of international education including study abroad, student exchange, faculty exchange, joint research, and other collaborative ventures. The Office also works toward the internationalization of the curriculum and the promotion of on-campus international experiences through specific activities and events.
- To create and promote international learning opportunities that are in keeping with the mission of Medgar Evers College
- The increase the number of students, faculty, and staff’s participation in international education experiences
- To support the diverse cultural learning needs of students by engaging study abroad into the community, including developing means by which returning study abroad students can actively contribute to international awareness and programming on campus
- To promote events on campus that will enhance the international experience
- To contribute towards the internationalization of the college’s curriculum
Director, International Education
1650 Bedford Avenue, Room 3010E